Information received or obtained from GayLawNet® by whatever means is not in the nature of and should not be treated or construed as legal advice. In your particular situation there may be important, relevant facts and circumstances that may very significantly affect your particular rights or liabilities.
In accessing this site, you acknowledge, accept and/or agree that -
- GayLawNet® is not a law practice and is not licensed to practice law in any jurisdiction;
- GayLawNet® cannot agree and is not agreeing to act for you in any capacity whatsoever;
- you are not and cannot in any way become a client of GayLawNet®;
- any information received or obtained from GayLawNet® by whatever means is not and is not intended to be in the nature of legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice;
- you should not rely upon any information received or obtained from GayLawNet® in lieu of obtaining proper legal advice;
- you can only obtain proper legal advice by consulting a lawyer and after providing that lawyer with all the relevant facts and circumstances and any additional information sought. See the GayLawNet® ATTORNEY DIRECTORY and also CHOOSING A LAWYER;
- laws are changing around the globe on a daily basis – attaining and maintaining any degree of accuracy and checking and maintaining currency is therefore severely limited. Commentary in the LAWS pages is referenced where possible to legislation and law reports but may otherwise be anecdotal in nature, being drawn from news reports;
- unless a specific country is identified, the information provided in the INFORMATION pages is based on the Federal law in the Commonwealth of Australia, the law in the State of Victoria and the Common Law generally;
- whilst reasonable efforts are made to maintain currency and accuracy, GayLawNet® relies upon the attorneys listed in the ATTORNEY DIRECTORY pages to notify any changes to their details. GayLawNet® does not accept any liability of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising for any inaccurate information or in respect of the preferred areas of practice nominated by attorneys or the professional services provided by those attorneys;
- GayLawNet® does not recommend or endorse any attorney listed in the ATTORNEY DIRECTORY and/or the services s/he provides. GayLawNet® also does not guarantee or make any representations regarding the competence, integrity, honesty or trustworthiness, qualifications, quality of advice provided by or the ability or suitability of any attorney.
- the fact that advertisements or text messages appear on GayLawNet® shall not be taken to imply any endorsement or recommendation by GayLawNet® in respect of the goods and/or services offered by advertisers. GayLawNet® does not accept any liability of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising in respect of the goods and/or services advertised or the PRIVACY practices or content of any website associated with such advertisers;
- off-site LINKS on GayLawNet® are provided for interest only and inclusion does not imply any endorsement of those web sites. Further, GayLawNet® is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites; and
- you have read and accept the GayLawNet® PRIVACY STATEMENT.
If you have no legal advisor, see the ATTORNEY DIRECTORY pages or check your local gay business directory, telephone helpline or newspapers and magazines.